Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
sameer
Chunin
Chunin
sameer

DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 10:34 am

^^Great news.
Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 9:40 pm

The Princess And The Goblin higher quality re-encode is now available for download.

Enjoy!!

DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 JCydxBi
Like the quality of my anime encodes and want more of my work?
You can find all of my work here!

List of my encodings and release plans (Archive)
https://blackstaranime.forumotion.com/t158-darkdream-high-quality-anime-archive-future-release-plans

BlackStarAnime Discord Server
https://discord.gg/pa2Ym27
DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 O1LwLid
Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 pm

Sorry but Initial D First Stage is taking me a lot of time and work. I'm stuck between some tough decisions on what I want to accept and what I don't want to accept.

I have to choose to leave annoying ass and distracting dot crawl in the video, or remove the dot crawl and cause a bit of jerkiness in a couple places when the entire screen moves/pans horizontally, and add a bit more blur to the details. The jerkiness is only for a second or so or in a couple spots for only a second or so and not noticeable in every episode, but it annoys me personally because when it does happen, its pretty bad to me.

Things look plenty better to me when the dot crawl filter is not used, but those annoying moving dots kind of ruin the watching experience. Some episodes have them very visible and some, you would never notice unless paused at just the right moment.

I'm going crazy trying out several scripts wanting to get this right, because it takes around 6 hours per script to finish, just to check how it turned out.

I'm contemplating just releasing both a release with and without dot crawl so everyone can pick what they want more or have both.

Regardless of what I release, I personally for my personal viewing experience want to keep the ones with barely any visible dot crawl as they are and in the ones with heavy visible dot crawl, choose the ones with dot crawl removed. I could do this for my release, but then I would have to watch them all one by one and pick which version I want for each episode. That would delay the release even more so I think I will just upload both since I encoded it both ways.

https://blackstaranime.forumotion.com/t158-darkdream-high-quality-anime-archive-future-release-plans

Back to top Go down
sameer
Chunin
Chunin
sameer

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 7:50 am

Personally, i would rather have dot crawl than jerkiness. But if you do release two versions, it would be interesting to find out how much jerkiness i can tolerate that is even if i notice it.
Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 11:13 am

sameer wrote:
Personally, i would rather have dot crawl than jerkiness. But if you do release two versions, it would be interesting to find out how much jerkiness i can tolerate that is even if i notice it.

I don't know your level of pickiness, but you probly wont notice it. I've only noticed it in 3 episodes so far and its only really been in a one second part. It's just my OCD wont allow me to let it go lol

Back to top Go down
sameer
Chunin
Chunin
sameer

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 11:52 am

^^No dot crawl version sounds encouraging.
Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 1:40 pm

Remember how I said the second half of the season was done differently and I caught a fix to something and had to redo those episodes?

Well I have a hunch the second half of the season will not have this 1 second issue that's driving my OCD nuts because it was not interlaced like the first half of the season. If that's the case, then I will just go with the dot crawl removed version because it's minor. If I do that, I will probly just redo those 3 episodes I noticed it in and not apply the dot crawl filter to those slightly jumpy frames only so it will no longer do it.

I am only notifying everyone because I had hoped to have it up today, and now I wont be having it up today. I need to decide what I'm doing.

I will not be home this afternoon and will be leaving in a hour, but I will check them out tomorrow and know whats up for sure.

Back to top Go down
sameer
Chunin
Chunin
sameer

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 2:22 pm

^^Hope your hunch turns real.
Back to top Go down
Scyrous
Peasant
Peasant
Scyrous

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Slightly irrelevant, but speaking of dot crawl, how did you counter it when working on the script for ''Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters'' ? I own all the NTSC DVDs and noticed your encodes are blurrier than the unaltered NTSC DVDs. I'm wondering if it's because you used a strong denoiser or maybe filters like checkmate() with high settings. If it's the latter case, that would be a shame since the dot crawl is only present in episodes 1-14 (and flashbacks referring to scenes from episodes 1-14, in all other episodes). Atleast from what I could tell (I manually went through all 224 episodes). Just curious, that's all.
Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Scyrous wrote:
Slightly irrelevant, but speaking of dot crawl, how did you counter it when working on the script for ''Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters'' ? I own all the NTSC DVDs and noticed your encodes are blurrier than the unaltered NTSC DVDs. I'm wondering if it's because you used a strong denoiser or maybe filters like checkmate() with high settings. If it's the latter case, that would be a shame since the dot crawl is only present in episodes 1-14 (and flashbacks referring to scenes from episodes 1-14, in all other episodes). Atleast from what I could tell (I manually went through all 224 episodes). Just curious, that's all.

Well first off, they are not blurrier than the untouched DVD's. Perhaps your definition of blur is different than mine or were thinking of 2 different things. You could be thinking of smudged details from the cleaning, while I'm thinking of the overall video.

I actually slightly oversharpened my encodes and they are much sharper than the DVD's were. That's one of the reasons I considered doing it all over again. It's possible the first 14 might be slightly softer, but I believe I oversharpened those as well. The fine details might have gotten smudged a tad bit from dot crawl remover, but the overall picture is sharper, I guarantee that. I try to never allow my encodes to be blurrier than the original source unless the original source is way too sharp with bad edge enhancements and halos, which isn't too often.

As for how I removed the Dot Crawl, I removed it the exact same way I state in my encoding tutorial. I only used it on the episodes that had dot crawl.

checkmate with a smarter setting so it did less amount of artifacts and damage. I don't believe a denoiser is going to remove dot crawl and if by some miracle it does from being set so high, there's no way that's worth it.

Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 11:47 am

Okay well here's the current verdict I have and choices for my release of First Stage episodes.

Remember when I said I caught something while quality checking the episodes and had to redo them because they did the second half of the season's DVD's differently?

Well one thing they did differently in the second set was, they deinterlaced it and put it on the DVD as progressive 23.976fps. In everything else and on most DVD's, it was interlaced 29.970fps material. The good news is, I caught that, the bad news is, there are a couple episodes where they did it pretty poorly and there is ghosting/blending in it or so it looks like. There is no interlace lines after the cleanup, but the ghosting/blending appearance is still there in some episodes. Because they caused it and made it 23.976fps on top of it, there's not really much I can do about it without lessening the framerate and or deleting frames, but I'm not going to do that.

The best I can do is after I finish my 480p releases, I will check the first season's PAL DVD's and see if they do it or if it looks any better. If I discover that I can make things better using that source, I will encode it as well later on. In the end when everything is done being encoded, I will be putting it all together into one larger batch torrent anyways more than likely. I will just take the best ones from all the sources and put them together so the large batch only has the better ones in it, or at least what I considered to be the better one if I do a batch torrent.

I have decided to go with the dot crawl removed version first. I will give the other version as well afterwards. So expect to see First Stage up for download soon. I just need to redo a couple of the second half of the season episodes, mux it all and set it all up. I'm not going to estimate a day or time this time, until I'm 100% sure when I will have it ready.

Last edited by DarkDream787 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sameer
Chunin
Chunin
sameer

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 12:04 pm

^^batch torrent meaning all stages in one?
Back to top Go down
Scyrous
Peasant
Peasant
Scyrous

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 12:27 pm

DarkDream787 wrote:
Well first off, they are not blurrier than the untouched DVD's. Perhaps your definition of blur is different than mine or were thinking of 2 different things. You could be thinking of smudged details from the cleaning, while I'm thinking of the overall video.

I actually slightly oversharpened my encodes and they are much sharper than the DVD's were. That's one of the reasons I considered doing it all over again. It's possible the first 14 might be slightly softer, but I believe I oversharpened those as well. The fine details might have gotten smudged a tad bit from dot crawl remover, but the overall picture is sharper, I guarantee that.

Alright, I grabbed two screenshots from episode 1 and 66 to compare. Comparison can be seen here:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/202840/picture:0

Smudged details would indeed be a better way to describe what I'm seeing. In terms of sharpness they look nearly the same, though your version is a tiny bit sharper overall. But of course that isn't always the case.

Probably the biggest difference can be seen when looking at the blue orb with the white Japanse symbol in it (episode 66 comparison). There's no doubt the raw DVD screenshot looks much better in that regard. Same goes for the orange rectangular border surrounding the blue orb. It just has a tiny bit more detail to it. Overall your encodes are obviously superior though, don't get me wrong.

Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Scyrous wrote:
In terms of sharpness they look nearly the same, though your version is a tiny bit sharper overall. But of course that isn't always the case.

That is pretty much always the case in all my encodes up to somewhere in late 2014 to early 2015, because I always oversharpened my older encodes without realizing it. I had a poor monitor back then and sharper looked better to me on it since it was a CRT monitor. The encodes are definitely overall sharper, even if close to the same.

The thing your talking about is the fine details/textures. That's not really the overall sharpness of the image. Those are always going to suffer a little reduction/smudging when a denoiser is used, and same with when a dot crawl remover filter is used. How much it suffers depends on how you set them up to work on the video. It's a bit of a trade off and you have to decide whether you want grain/noise or a cleaner looking picture with slightly or very smudged fine details and textures, depending on how you set the strength of the noise removal.

I used a much weaker denoise setting in those 2014 re-encodes than the one I used in 2011 so it would do a lot less smearing of fine details. With how I do things today, I would use even weaker or smarter setting with a mask to protect things or by using a better denoiser with less damage to fine details and preserve more fine details.

This was actually talked about and discussed as I was re-encoding it a couple years ago.

Last edited by DarkDream787 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:23 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 4:35 pm

Rover Dangerfield higher quality re-encode is now available for download.

Enjoy!!

Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 10:49 pm

If nothing has me too busy on Monday, I should be able to have Initial D First Stage up for download on Monday.

Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 11:03 pm

The Pebble And The Penguin higher quality re-encode is now available for download.

Enjoy!!

Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Initial D - First Stage is now available for download.

Enjoy!!

Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 4:24 pm

My current plans are this at the moment.

As promised, I will finish up Spiderman 90's Animated Series next before taking on anything else. All the scripts are written, it's just going to be a long wait because of very slow and higher quality filter settings. It might take around a week for them to finish running through the encoder, we will just have to see once I start them running through the encoder. I will give a better estimated time after things get going and the finished episode quality checks are started.

I am currently in the process of getting a hold of Initial D - Fourth Stage for encoding. I will encode that right after Spiderman is all finished up and released.

Back to top Go down
sameer
Chunin
Chunin
sameer

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 11:56 pm

^^Long wait incoming. Don't forget the Creditless OP/ED for Initial D. And thanks for doing First Stage, it looks great.
Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Been having to babysit my nephew all this week. I been letting him play emulators, games, and movies all day on my computer, so I haven't gotten much done this week. Expect a more detailed update at the end of this weekend when the babysitting is over.

See ya then!

Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 pm

I had a death in the family on the 17th. What sucks and hurts the most is, it was about the only family member I cared a very big amount for. Seeing them today at funeral services kinda sucked.

I'm not really in a talkative mood right now so this will be brief.

The episodes just got ran through the encoder. I don't know how long they will take to finish, perhaps around 8 days or so. It is alot of episodes with very slow filtering. I'll know more as they begin to get some finished up.

I'll check back after a couple days of mourning.

Back to top Go down
sameer
Chunin
Chunin
sameer

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 2:30 am

^^I'm sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
Scyrous
Peasant
Peasant
Scyrous

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 9:14 am

My sincere condolences.
Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Hokage
Hokage
DarkDream787

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 8:23 am

Thanks for the condolences everyone, whether on here, PM, Skype, or e-mail.

I am going to be brief once again due to being quite busy.

Spiderman looks over half done, it shouldn't take too much longer for the encodes to finish running through the encoder. I will get back to everyone with more updates about it when it's finished encoding.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans   DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

DarkDream High Quality Anime Archive + Future Release Plans
Page 10 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlackStar Anime :: Cartoons & Anime Sharing Area :: Anime :: Archives-
Jump to: