HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Livable Alien Planet Finally Discovered

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Livable Alien Planet Finally Discovered   Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Alan Boyle writes: Astronomers say they've found the first planet beyond our solar system that could have the right size and setting to sustain life as we know it, only 20 light-years from Earth.

"My own personal feeling is that the chances of life on this planet are 100 percent," Steven Vogt, an astrophysicist at the University of California at Santa Cruz, told reporters today. "I have almost no doubt about it."

The discovery, published online in The Astrophysical Journal, is the result of 11 years of observations at the Keck Observatory in Hawaii. Astronomers participating in the Lick-Carnegie Exoplanet Survey detected the planet by tracking the faint gravitational wobbles it produced in its parent star. Now they say there may well be many more planets out there like this one.

"The fact that we were able to detect this planet so quickly and so nearby tells us that planets like this must be really common," Vogt said in a news release.

Read More...
http://www.the-bored-ninja.tk/2018/03/01/possible-earthlike-planet-found-in-the-goldilocks-zone-of-a-nearby-star/
Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Jounin
Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Livable Alien Planet Finally Discovered   Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:26 am

Well people here feel fear of aliens and or other life from other places coming here.

If were planning to somehow magically get that far in our lifetime (That distance is far too crazy) to visit it and there does happen to be life on it, how the hell do you think the life there is going to feel if its intelligent? Either scared and possibly kill us, or not worried because were more primitive than them.

Like the quality of my anime encodes and want more of my work?
You can find all of my work here!

List of my encodings and release plans (Archive)
http://blackstaranime.forumotion.com/t158-darkdream-high-quality-anime-archive-future-release-plans

BlackStarAnime Discord Server
https://discord.gg/pa2Ym27
Back to top Go down
BlitzEpidemic
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: Livable Alien Planet Finally Discovered   Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:27 am

It takes about a trillion other things to occur before it is even possible for life to exist, and a trillion times a trillion times a trillion times a trillion for the spark of life to form. The mathematical odds of this is utterly impossible.

It's nice to imagine life on other planets, i'm a diehard Star Trek, Star Wars and Stargate fan, (at least the old stuff, not the garbage today) but i've long ago realized aliens don't exist.
Back to top Go down
Draximum
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Livable Alien Planet Finally Discovered   Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:02 pm

BlitzEpidemic wrote:
It takes about a trillion other things to occur before it is even possible for life to exist, and a trillion times a trillion times a trillion times a trillion for the spark of life to form. The mathematical odds of this is utterly impossible.

It's nice to imagine life on other planets, i'm a diehard Star Trek, Star Wars and Stargate fan, (at least the old stuff, not the garbage today) but i've long ago realized aliens don't exist.

Add a bit of technology in the mix and this becomes much easier. If there is indeed a planet we can inhabit other than this one, even its not 100% capable, certain technologies can fill in the gaps or certain needs eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Livable Alien Planet Finally Discovered   

Back to top Go down

Livable Alien Planet Finally Discovered
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlackStar Anime :: Social Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: