HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

KickAssTorrents owner seems to have got arrested?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarkDream787
Jounin
Jounin

PostSubject: KickAssTorrents owner seems to have got arrested?   Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:59 pm

I don't know all the gory details but I noticed the site is currently not usable and the domain/server is taken offline. From the little bit of information I did look up it seems the owner has been arrested or something. I guess their stuff isn't seized and taken over but they still have it all, they just took it offline?

Hopefully it comes back online eventually without changing its domain address again. I so hated fixing every link in every thread manually lol.

Theres a torrent cache or something that may just still work for torrent that were only available on KickAssTorrents.

The user Koby messes with those more than I do. He can probly provide them for you if you need one for a specific torrent that was only uploaded to KickAssTorrents. I usually always uploaded to more than one and I have noticed people upload my stuff elseware as well, but this is just a note for just incase reasons.

Enjoy! and I will see everyone again for sure this weekend.

Like the quality of my anime encodes and want more of my work?
You can find all of my work here!

List of my encodings and release plans (Archive)
http://blackstaranime.forumotion.com/t158-darkdream-high-quality-anime-archive-future-release-plans

BlackStarAnime Discord Server
https://discord.gg/pa2Ym27

Last edited by DarkDream787 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChaoXide
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: KickAssTorrents owner seems to have got arrested?   Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:54 pm

KAT isn't coming back. Owner is likely to be in jail for a long while. Money Laundering, Copyright Infringement, Conspiracy to Commit Copyright Infringement, Pirating, Racketeering, etc... They're throwing the book at him. He was apparently making like 12 million a month on advertising alone and had money in lots of offshore banks, ran a couple other sites too.

None of the KAT staff have access to any of the sites files, database, or code... and as such cannot replicate or revive it. Those other KAT sites out there are fakes that just copied pages via Cache and Archives, but don't actually have the site code or database or even a functioning site.

The only legit KAT is a community forum now ran by the rest of the KAT staff, and they simply have it running on SMF software.

Back to top Go down
FrexhiLato
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: KickAssTorrents owner seems to have got arrested?   Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:11 am

So bad KAT went down because a lot more followed. Torcache, Torrentz and even some trackers no to mention countless mirrors or sites depending on it. Many people are sending their .torrent files on iTorrents.org which is fine I guess. Most traffic has passed onto TPB and The KAT Team says they'll be back but it'll take a while because most things will be made from the very beggining. Better to be careful and very cautious but take some time rather than regret like the owner of KAT who left quite lots of personal details along the way.

What about you guys, where have you found shelter now that KAT's gone?

After Apocalypse Archives
FrexhiLato
Back to top Go down
ChaoXide
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: KickAssTorrents owner seems to have got arrested?   Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:41 am

Didn't use KAT for anything but a backup torrent index for some of my stuff...

I mainly stick to private trackers where quality releases are more aptly to be posted and you don't have to sort through the garbage releases to get to them, plus everything is always seeded so it's much faster and more reliable. =)

Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Jounin
Jounin

PostSubject: Re: KickAssTorrents owner seems to have got arrested?   Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:45 am

I am still undecided on a torrent site to use now that KAT is down. Extratorrent is about the only one still up that I was using and I don't really like that torrent site. I don't really trust piratebay anymore either.

http://blackstaranime.forumotion.com/t158-darkdream-high-quality-anime-archive-future-release-plans

Back to top Go down
ChaoXide
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: KickAssTorrents owner seems to have got arrested?   Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:06 am

DarkDream787 wrote:
I am still undecided on a torrent site to use now that KAT is down. Extratorrent is about the only one still up that I was using and I don't really like that torrent site. I don't really trust piratebay anymore either.
You don't technically have to use any site, unless you actually wanted to. You could just post the torrents here on your forum using any of the free open trackers in them like you were when you were posting them to KAT. Then you don't have to worry as much about over-exposure or DMCA's and stuff.

Back to top Go down
BlitzEpidemic
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: KickAssTorrents owner seems to have got arrested?   Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:16 pm

Torrenting.com is a decent site with its own private tracker.

Hate to ask, but i've been trying to download your 2 Street Fighter cartoon series, so I could post them to Mega, unfortunately zero seeders. Do you still have them on your computer by chance?
Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Jounin
Jounin

PostSubject: Re: KickAssTorrents owner seems to have got arrested?   Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:45 pm

ChaoXide wrote:
DarkDream787 wrote:
You don't technically have to use any site, unless you actually wanted to. You could just post the torrents here on your forum using any of the free open trackers in them like you were when you were posting them to KAT. Then you don't have to worry as much about over-exposure or DMCA's and stuff.

Well if that will work, (I don't see why it wouldn't) I may just end up doing that while continuing to look for another site that looks good enough to me.

Last time I tried that (which was around when I first started using torrents years ago) nothing ever worked until I uploaded them to a torrent sites tracker.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KickAssTorrents owner seems to have got arrested?   

Back to top Go down

KickAssTorrents owner seems to have got arrested?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlackStar Anime :: Blackstar Headquarters :: News & Announcements-
Jump to: